Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mindfulness

Lotus Flower Breaking the Surface by Yun Shouping

My Intention with this Blog
My purpose with this blog is to communicate with other people all over the world about spirituality, meditation, and mindfulness. When you think about it, aren't all those things all about life anyway? So really, this blog is about one approach to life. I think we can learn from each other, and this online world can be a great outlet for connection and sharing. I also hope that this blog will be an avenue for others to learn and connect in the same way I am seeking to connect and learn from others.

I decided to start writing in this public forum, my thoughts, impressions and insights into mindfulness, meditation and the general path of spirituality. I think that the more of us come together and bring awareness and presence into the world, the more we are contributing to the greater whole. I certainly think the world needs our help in cutting through our Ego-driven tendencies!

What is mindfulness to me? What is it to you?
Mindfulness to me means being aware of the moment in such a way that our actions, thoughts, and energy transmit compassion and acceptance into the Self and the world around us. It is being able to break free from our past and preoccupation with the future in such a way that we respond to our world from a place of pure awareness and ultimately, Love. At the deepest level, it is about connecting to something deeper...

There are a variety of definitions I have come across and would love to hear yours!

Please share!


3 comments:

  1. What an amazing perception you have of the world around us. I am very intrigued with how your presentation of the subject matter is so concise and yet still allows the reader to draw their own conclusion. Great post!

    Jeremy Mazak from www.jeremym.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be a good thing for you. When you have a hankering for the cynical, venture over to my blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...I've been meaning and wanting to do something like this for some time. It just all of a sudden blossomed. :)

    ReplyDelete